Date of Post: 02 Jan, 2019
Ahmedabad: The first train of three coaches for the Ahmedabad Metro Rail arrived in the city on Tuesday. Each coach has a capacity of 300 people. The first train which had been shipped from South Korea, arrived at Mundra Port on December 28.
- The metro train will be ready to be rolled between Vastral Gam and Apparel Park stretch by April.
- For the first 5 years, each train will have 3 coaches with the capacity to ferry a total of 1,000 commuters, though the metro stations have been built for 6-coach trains, Managing Director of the project I P Gautam had said. The trains could travel at a maximum speed of 80 kmph and On an average, the trains will run at 30-35 kmph.
- The first trial run of the Ahmedabad-Gandhinagar metro rail project will take place soon on a 6.5 km stretch, called as “priority reach”, between Vastral and Apparel Park.
- This stretch is the part of the 20.73km long East-West Corridor of the Metro Rail Project.
- In first phase, which is estimated to cost Rs 10,773 crore, the metro will connect suburbs in Ahmedabad along east-west and north-south axis.
- The entire project will be ‘up and running’ by 2020.
Image Credit: Hari Solanki
To know more about recent developments of Ahmedabad Metro –
Deepak Kumar is a part of the content team of Rail Analysis India as a writer and analyst .
His focus is on new initiatives on the Railway Sector of India .
Please reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information .