Date Of Post: 26 Apr, 2018
Kolkata: The Sector V – Salt Lake stadium stretch of East-West Metro is expected to be operational by October. The coaches for East-West Metro was unveiled on Wednesday.
- The trains will have a maximum speed of 90kmph and an operational speed of 80kmph.
- Each coach has 2 pairs of CCTV cameras, a public address system and a radio for communication between the driver & passengers.
- The full length of East West metro is 16.6 km and will cover Howrah Maidan and Sector V.
- It is likely to be inaugurated by 2021.
- Metro from Sector V to Phoolbagan is likely to be opened by 2019.
Image Credit: Metro Rail Kolkata