Date Of Post: 26 Apr, 2018
Kolkata: The Sector V – Salt Lake stadium stretch of East-West Metro is expected to be operational by October. The coaches for East-West Metro was unveiled on Wednesday.
- The trains will have a maximum speed of 90kmph and an operational speed of 80kmph.
- Each coach has 2 pairs of CCTV cameras, a public address system and a radio for communication between the driver & passengers.
- The full length of East West metro is 16.6 km and will cover Howrah Maidan and Sector V.
- It is likely to be inaugurated by 2021.
- Metro from Sector V to Phoolbagan is likely to be opened by 2019.
Image Credit: Metro Rail Kolkata
People Also Viewed :
- 6 July, 2018 Kolkata Metro Update: First Trial Run in a Section of Kolkata East-West Metro Project Conducted Successfully
- 26 February, 2018 Kolkata Metro Update: First Rake For East-West Metro Corridor To Arrive In Kolkata By March-end
- 23 December, 2017 MMRDA Envisages Investment Of Rs 62,943 Crore For Developing 157 km Of Metro Rail Corridor
- 3 November, 2017 Kolkata Metro To Get Most Advanced 14 Trains With A Total Of 112 Coaches From CRRC
- 30 July, 2018 India’s First Bullet Train To Have 55 Seats for Business Class and 695 Seats for Standard Class
- 13 February, 2018 Kolkata East-West Metro Update: Passenger Services From Sector-V to Salt Lake Stadium Likely To Be Introduced By Durga Puja This Year
- 28 June, 2017 Delhi Metro’s Driverless Trains Set To Start Operations From October
- 2 April, 2018 BEML Delivers First Set of Six Car Metro Train To Kolkata Metro
- 4 June, 2018 DMRC (Delhi Metro Rail Corporation) Increases Number of Trains & Frequency of Trains On Red, Blue, & Yellow Lines
- 18 November, 2017 CMRL Plans To Introduce Driverless Trains In Chennai Metro Rail Phase-II