Date of Post: 13 July, 2018
Mumbai: The railways launched very first “Indian Railways- Bridge Management System”. IR-BMS is a web application which would store big data of nearly 1.5 lakh bridges.
- “Bridge management system” is web app launched by Railway Minister Piyush Goyal.
- As per national transporter, IR-BMS will perform worthwhile assimilation, deep analysis of bridge data and dissemination of information related to various activities about the bridges.
- This web based application will display the master data of bridges, its work data , significant information related to inspection and monitoring along with other essentials.
- Railway Minister also felicitated artist who won top prizes in the national transporter’s in-house station beautification contest for their work at nearly 7 railway station across the country.
- This innovative contest has been organized among zonal railways in last year December.
- Piyush goyal felicitated winners with cash rewards and appreciation certificates.
- The first prize , second prize and third prize holders were awarded Rs 10 lakh ,5 lakh and 3 lakh respectively as a token of appreciation in the contest.