Date of Post : 11 Oct, 2018
Kolkata: South Eastern Railway (SER) has earned Rs 6007.17 crore during the first half of the current financial year from originating freight traffic, an SER spokesman said.
The amount earned from April to September of 2018-19 by the SER is Rs 348.59 crore more than the corresponding period of last financial year, thus registering a growth of 6.16%, SER spokesman Sanjoy Ghosh said.
- He said,”SER’s total freight loading during April-September of the current fiscal has been 75.06 million tonnes as against 73.56 million tonnes loaded during the corresponding period of last year, recording a growth of 2.04%.”
- Ghosh said, there has been a massive growth of 50% in coal loading during the first 6 months of the current fiscal in comparison to the corresponding period of last year.
- The major components of freight loading during the above period were-
- 16.45 million tonnes of coal
- 39.52 million tonnes of iron ore
- 7.56 million tonnes of pig-iron and finished steel
- 5.46 million tonnes of cement
To know more about recent developments of Railways-
Deepak Kumar is a part of the content team of Rail Analysis India as a writer and analyst .
His focus is on new initiatives on the Railway Sector of India .
Please reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information .