Date of Post : 25 Aug, 2017
LUCKNOW: Everyone these days is waiting for the Lucknow Metro’s commercial operations to start, as it got the safety clearance from the Commissioner of Metro Railway Safety recently.
The trial run of Lucknow Metro was conducted recently, at 80 kmph under the supervision of CMRS Satish Kumar Pandey, after which he gave the certification.
Lucknow Metro Inauguration
- Lucknow Metro was seeking for the inauguration date from Chief Minister’s office after receiving the certificate to start commercial operations.
- Now, the Uttar Pradesh government has given an indication to inaugurate the Lucknow Metro in Navratri helding from September 21 to 29.
- Lucknow Metro has also started preparing for the inauguration.
- Meanwhile, the UP government is in continuous talks with the PM office to fix a date for the ceremony.
- Lucknow Metro official said, “We have asked for any date after 24 August for the commercial Operations.”
- A date would be fixed for the inauguration in Navratri, told to the officials in a meeting.
- The authorities told Lucknow Metro team to be prepared for the commercial operations after September 20.
- The Lucknow Metro will operate 4 trains yet, on the 8.5 km priority section.
- Two trains will run on each up-route and the down-route.
- In the meantime, LMRC will increase the no. of trains as and when the no. of commuters increases.
- These are the 8 stations of the priority section on which the commercial operation will start:
- Transport Nagar
- Alambagh bus station
- Mawaiya, Durgapuri
Lucknow Metro Announces the Fares
- On Wednesday, Lucknow Metro announced the fares for the 23 km North-South Corridor stretches from Chaudhary Charan Singh (Amausi) airport to Munshipulia.
- It has kept the minimum fare at Rs 10 while the maximum fare would be Rs 60.
Smart Cards To Be Out Soon
- LMRC is planning to roll out the Smart Cards soon which will offer 10% discount on the ticket value of every ride.
- The name given to these Smart Cards is ‘Go Smart’ and the same will be made available for sale 2 days ahead of the metro launch
- These cards will be sold at all the 8 metro stations of the priority Section from Transport Nagar to Charbagh.
- The cost of the card will be Rs 200.
- And finally, the time allowed for the smart card travellers within the metro premises would be 20 minutes at the same station and 70 minutes from the others.