Date of Post: 10 Dec, 2018
Chennai: The final train of the phase-1 project of Chennai Metro Rail was dispatched from Alstom Sri City factory in Andhra Pradesh on 06th Dec 2018.
Posted by Chennai Metro Rail on Friday, December 7, 2018
Phase-1 project involves procurement of 42 number of trains through contract awarded to the Consortium of M/s. Alstom Transport S.A & M/s. Alstom Transport India Ltd. for design, manufacture, supply, testing and commissioning of 42 numbers of 4-car Electric Multiple Units.
- Out of 42 trains, 9 were manufactured and shipped from Alstom factory at Lapa, Brazil.
- Remaining 33 trains were manufactured at Alstom factory at Sri City as part of indigenisation requirement.
- The production at Sri City commenced from mid of 2013 and the first train was dispatched from Sri City in February 2014, flagged off by the Managing Director, CMRL.
- The final 42nd train of the project was successfully dispatched from Sri City factory on 06th Dec 2018.
- The event was flagged off by Pankaj Kumar Bansal, Managing Director, CMRL in presence of Ms. Ling Fang, Senior Vice President, Asia Pacific, Alstom and Alain Spohr, Managing Director, Alstom, Directors (Systems and Operation), Director (Finance) CMRL and Officers of CMRL.
- The train will be commissioned at Koyambedu depot and introduced for revenue service.
- Further to the above order of 42 trains of Phase -1, additional order for 10 trains was placed with the consortium for the phase-1 extension project of CMRL.
- The trains are planned to be manufacture and supplied to CMRL from early 2020.
To know more about recent developments of Chennai Metro-
All Image Credit: Chennai Metro Rail
Narinder Sharma is a part of the content team of Rail Analysis India as a writer and marketing executive.
His interest is in the Railways , Metro and Transportation Sector of India .
Please reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information .