Date Of Post: 08 Dec, 2017
Secunderabad: On Wednesday, a Ten member Russian team began a feasibility study for running high-speed trains between Nagpur & Secunderabad at speed of 150 kmph. A protocol for undertaking feasibility study of raising speed was signed on October 15, 2016, between Indian & Russian Railways in Goa during the bilateral between PM Modi & Russian President Vladimir Putin.
Image Credit: C.Chandra Kanth Rao-Wikimedia Commons
- As part of the joint venture, the Russian team led by Alexander Kulagin reached Nagpur on Tuesday & visited Nagpur, Ajni, Sindi, and Butibori stations on Wednesday.
- Last year, a similar study was conducted from Secunderabad to Nagpur.
- Railway authorities have begun examining tracks & signalling systems to execute the project that will be carried out on 50:50 cost sharing basis.
Image Credit: Ganesh Dhamodkar – Wikimedia Commons
- An official said,”The inspection is on and action plan will be drawn up to execute the project.”
- Ashwani Lohani, chairman Railway board visited Secunderabad station & held a meeting with railway officials.
- “The team is also studying the status of tracks and overhead equipment system and will submit a report to Railway Board whether it needs to replace existing tracks or upgrade to make it a high-speed corridor,” Central Railway assistant commercial manager SG Rao said.
- The protocol covers technical & execution study for upgradation of speed to 160-200 kmph from the current 120 kmph, Railway officials said.
- The Ministry of Railway has allotted Rs 1,000 crore in 2016-17 for operating semi-high speed trains.
Image Credit: Hpcos- wikimedia commons