Date of Post: 30 Jan,
Jammu: Principal Secretary, Planning, Development and Monitoring, Rohit Kansal, recently, reviewed feasibility of MRTS (Mass Rapid Transport System) for twin capital cities of Jammu and Srinagar. RITES Ltd has formulated a DPR (Detailed Project Report) on MRTS for Jammu and Srinagar.
- More Information:
- The DPR includes MRTS Master Plan, development of travel demand model and traffic forecast for these cities upto 2045, alignment design for Metro, environmental and social impact assessment, cost estimates and implementation strategy.
- The total length of the MRTS network in Phase-I for both the cities is 90 kms including 54 kms in Srinagar and 36 kms in Jammu, according to the DPR.
- For inclusive and environmentally sustainable growth process, an efficient urban transport system including MRTS is vital, speaking at the meeting, Kansal said.
- The rail-based MRTS system has become a necessity in the State given the traffic congestion and growing vehicle population, he said.
- It was decided in the meeting that suggestions and views of the stakeholders would be sought to proceed further on the introduction of MRTS in Srinagar and Jammu.
- Financial Commissioner, Housing & Urban Development, K B Agarwal, Commissioner Secretary, Forest, Ecology & Environment, Manoj K Dwivedi, CEO ERA, Dr Raghav Langer, Director General, Planning, Shahzada Bilal, Chief Engineers and officials of Town Planning Organization were present.
To know more about recent developments of Jammu Metro –
11 September, 2017: Work On Detailed Project Report Of Metro Rail Project In Jammu At Final Stage
( Please reach us at email@example.com for more information. )