Date Of Post: 09 Feb, 2018
New Delhi: All coaches of the Shatabdi, Rajdhani & Duronto trains will soon have 4 CCTV cameras each to ensure passenger safety. A railways official said 23 pairs of Rajdhani, 26 pairs of Shatabdi & 18 pairs of Duronto trains would have the facility.
CCTV cameras In Coaches-
- Vishwesh Chaube, General Manager, Northern Railway, said,”All Rajdhani, Shatabdi and Duronto train coaches are to be fitted with CCTVs — one each on the (two) entry gates and two in the gallery (corridor).
- Officials said, around Rs 3,000 crore were allocated in the 2018-19 Union Budget to install CCTV cameras in more than 11,000 trains eventually.
- Also, the ministry was looking at different options to fund the project, including market sources.
- The project would eventually extend to cover all the premier & suburban services and the 8,500 stations in the railway network.
- However, the money for the project would come from the Nirbhaya fund, Chaube said.
Image Credit: Northern Railway