Date of Post: 29 May, 2018
The Railways has decided to install the ETCS Level 2 System on the 830 km stretch of Delhi-Mughalsarai section to test the technology & to do so in phases to enhance safety and increase average speed of trains.
This will be carried out through a JV with Power Grid Corporation for signalling and with Railtel for communication.
Further Details :
- Railways has decided to Install the ETCS level 2 signalling system on Ghaziabad-Mughalsarai section to test the technology , in the recent Railway board meeting .
- This route has been identified as it has high traffic density .
- The capacity utilisation on this route is 150% .
- It is expected to reduce congestion in rail network and increase line capacity by 40%-50%.
- It will allow it to increase train speeds significantly and, as a result, run more trains with the same infrastructure
Narinder Sharma is a part of the content team of Rail Analysis India as a writer and marketing executive.
His interest is in the Railways , Metro and Transportation Sector of India .
Please reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information .