Date of Post : 14 Aug, 2017
New Delhi: The electrification work of the Delhi-Rewari rail track, commenced on Saturday. The work is likely to be completed in 9 months.
The foundation stone of the project was laid by Union minister of state for planning Rao Inderjit Singh.
Railway Minister Suresh Prabhu participated in the event through video conferencing.
- The electrification project will completed by L&T, which has been given the contract for the work, railway officials said.
- This project is part of the Delhi-Ahmedabad rail electrification project, which was sanctioned in 2014.
- An amount of Rs 593.97 crore (approx US$ 93 Million) would be spent on the electrification of this track.
- A cylindrical type of foundation for OHE Mast erection is being used in the project, for the first time.
- This will reduce the project completion time, offcials said.
- As part of the project, a traction substation would be set up at Garhi Harsaru junction, sectioning & paralleling posts at Patel Nagar & Rewari and sub-sectioning & paralleling posts at Inchhapuri, Tajnagar, Gurgaon, Shahabad Mohammedpur.
- The Delhi Sarai Rohilla-Gurgaon section shall have the conventional OHE, while the Gurgaon-Rewari line will have the high-rise OHE (7.57m).
- The project is proposed to be completed in 9 months.