Date of Post: 18 Oct, 2018
Chennai: Electrification work on the Thanjavur-Tiruchirappalli section has commenced and is expected to be over by the end of this year, a railway official said. The project began in April but was delayed to facilitate the track-doubling work. The work is being carried out by the CORE (Central Organisation for Railway Electrification).
- The overhead wiring work was on from Golden Rock to Solagampatti, a senior official of the CORE said.
- The project in the Tiruchi-Thanjavur section was part of the Tiruchi-Karaikal electrification work.
- Electrification work was on in portions of the Thanjavur and Tiruvarur track and from Tiruvarur to Karaikal, he said.
- A power sub-station would established as part of the project at Tiruvarur, he added.
- The official added, overhead electrification of the stretch from Thanjavur to Karaikal was expected to be completed by June.
To know more about recent developments of Railways-
Deepak Kumar is a part of the content team of Rail Analysis India as a writer and analyst .
His focus is on new initiatives on the Railway Sector of India .
Please reach us at email@example.com for more information .