Date Of Post: 19 Jan, 2018
After The Successful Beginning of Hyderabad Metro Rail, The Efforts Are Now On To Get The Monorail On Track In The City
Hyderabad: After the successful beginning of Metro Rail Project in Hyderabad the efforts are now being intensified to get the monorail on track in the city and in Warangal.
Two Companies Shown Interest In Taking Up The Project
- The Two companies who have evinced interest in taking up the monorail project on different corridors in the city and Warangal one from Switzerland and Poland.
- Sharing the details, Mayor Bonthu Rammohan said the two companies have evinced interest in taking up the mono rail project under Build Operate and Transfer (BOT) mode.
- Necessary studies and surveys have been completed for taking up the project and other modalities are being explored, he said.
About The MonoRail Project
- The plans have been drawn up to operate monorail from Kazipet to Warangal covering a distance of about 15 km.
- The emphasis is on having mono rail connectivity to the airport, Shamshabad, in the city.
- Accordingly, Gachibowli to Airport and Kanchanbagh Junction (Owaisi Hospital) to Airport routes are being identified, sources said.
Hyderabad Metro Rail Project
- Sh. KT Rama Rao, Municipal Administration and Urban Development Minister is touring different countries to explore different possibilities for Metro Phase II in the city.
- Metro operations were formally launched by Prime Minister Narendra Modi on November 28 and every day nearly one lakh passengers are availing the service.
- The Monorail is cost-effective, unlike the Metro and the construction cost will be 30 per cent lesser.
- More importantly, it’s construction will be much faster as the majority of the components are precast.
- “Along with a few senior officials, I will be visiting Switzerland in next few days to inspect the monorail project and their operations,” Rammohan added.
Image Credit: Hyderabad Metro