Date of Post: 01 Oct, 2018
To facilitate faster operations of trains with increased safety, Eastern Railway (ER) commissioned state-of-the-art Route Relay Interlocking (RRI) system at Jamalpur in Malda Division. The commissioning of the new system completed on Wednesday (26.9.2018).
After a thorough inspection of the provision of the routes & signals of the newly installed RRI system, Harindra Rao General Manager Eastern Railway inaugurated the RRI Cabin at Jamalpur on 27.9.2018, according to a release in ER.
- The RRI system at Jamalpur has 525 signal routes with 92 points, 141 signals, 6 berthing lines, 12 marshalling yard lines, 7 workmen train yard lines, 7 sick lines, 3 RE siding lines, 2 saloon siding lines, 2 fuel siding lines, ARMY siding, ART siding, washing pit, tanker line and diesel shed line, it said.
- This RRI also covers different block sections for dispatch & receipt of trains viz. the double line towards Kiul, single line towards Bhagalpur, single line towards Munger.
- Built with a project cost of Rs. 45 crores, this RRI system will use state-of-the-art data loggers for analysis of the train operations.
- The newly installed RRI system is a huge capacity expansion with provision of 525 routes over the earlier mechanical cabin at Jamalpur and earlier Link Cabin with panel interlocking having only 17 routes.
- The RRI system will reduce the operations time and provide a better signaling system with minimum manual intervention towards reducing the chance of human failure.
To know more about recent developments of Railways-
Narinder Sharma is a part of the content team of Rail Analysis India as a writer and marketing executive.
His interest is in the Railways , Metro and Transportation Sector of India .
Please reach us at email@example.com for more information .