Date of Post: 11 Feb, 2019
Bhubaneswar: East Coast Railway (ECoR) has invited tender for a major bridge on Tel river as part of the 289-km Khurda Road-Balangir new line project, it said. The rail line project, seeks to connect western Odisha with coastal parts of the state via Khurda, Nayagarh, Boudh, Sonepur and Balangir districts.
- The proposed bridge over the Tel river, will be built at an estimated cost of Rs 23 crore.
- An ECoR statement said, it is the longest bridge of the new line project.
- It is proposed to provide 17 spans of 45.70 m each during the construction of the bridge, the statement said.
- Rs 350 crore has been allocated in the interim budget this year for the Khurda Road-Balangir new rail line project.
- Around 66 km between Khurda Road and Nayagarh stations from Khurda Road side has been commissioned and the first stretch of 15 km from Balangir side has been completed.
- Last month, Prime Minister Narendra Modi flagged off a train from Balangir side on the Balangir-Bichhupali route which would connect Bichhupali to Jharsuguda and Vizianagaram main line through Balangir.
- The state government has formed a JV (Joint Venture) with the Ministry of Railways to carry out the project.
- Sources said that the project is proposed to be completed by May 2021.
To know more about recent developments of of Railways –
( Please reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information. )