Date Of Post: 13 Jan, 2018
Bhubaneswar: East Coast Railway has commissioned a new line at Paralakhemundi railway section in Odisha besides installing advanced signalling system, an official said. This apart, the railways also introduced modern token less block system between Nuapada & Paralakhemundi stations.
- The official said,”To facilitate hassle free traffic management in the Gunupur-Naupada section (90.20 km), railway has initiated several safety related modernisation work including electronic interlocking system at Parlakhemundi railway station.”
- The electronic interlocking system was commissioned from January 10, 2018, he added.
- As Parlakhemundi Station was earlier having single line, there was facility for one train only system.
- Now this block station, after safety related modernisation work, will facilitate movement of two trains.
- Parlakhemundi station has now become two line station with advanced electronic interlocking system.
Image Credit: Kamal Rayaguru