Date Of Post: 10 Apr, 2018
Bhubaneswar: East Coast Railway (ECoR) has carried highest ever freight loading in financial year 2017-18 and became the highest freight loading Zone of Indian Railways, a release in ECoR said. The ECoR has carried 182.75 million tons of freight in its originating freight loading in the current financial year, i.e. from April 2017 to March 2018 as against 177.43 million tons loaded during the corresponding period of last financial year.
- The release said, this is 15.70% of the total freight loading by Indian Railways, which is highest portion of loading by any Zonal Railways.
- In the 2017-18, Indian Railways has loaded 1,162 million tonnes of freight in toto.
- From the earning side of freight in 2017-18, ECoR has earned 17,075 Crores of revenue, which is 7.6% more than the corresponding period of 2016-17.
- In 2016-17, ECoR had earned 15, 864 Crores of revenue from freight only.
During the last financial year, East Coast Railway has carried
- 104.58 million tonnes of Coal
- 29.58 million tonnes of Iron Ore
- 14.31 Million tonnes of Steel
- 05.87 million tonnes of Fertilizers
- 05.19 million tonnes of raw materials for Steel Plants other than iron ore
Image Credit: Smeet Chowdhury – Flickr