DULT Sends Proposal For Setting Up Of SPV For Rs 11,000 Crore Suburban Rail Project

DULT Sends Proposal For Setting Up Of SPV For Rs 11,000 Crore Suburban Rail Project

Want create site? With Free visual composer you can do it easy.

Date of Post : 23 June, 2017

Bangalore: The DULT (Department of Urban Land Transportation) has sent a proposal for setting up of the SPV for implementation of the Rs 11,000 crore (approx US$ 1692.31 Million) suburban rail project in the city.

The state government & the Indian railways, in January this year, signed a memorandum of understanding (MoU) for conversion of diesel-electric multiple units (DEMU) to mainline electric multiple units (MEMU) at the cost of Rs 278 crore (approx US$ 42.77 Million).

More Information –

  • The MoU also augmented the maintenance facility for MEMU rakes at Banaswadi costing Rs 25 crore (approx US$ 3.85 Million) along with introducing new services during peak hours between Byappanahalli & Whitefield costing Rs 41.2 crore (approx US$ 6.34 Million) taking the total to Rs 345 crore (approx US$ 53.08 Million).
  • The suburban rail policy suggests that 20% of the total cost will be shared by the state, 20% by the railways & the rest 60% will be raised through bank loans.
  • In March this year, the state government sanctioned 80% of the total Rs 345 crore (approx US$ 53.08 Million) to DULT which leaves 20% of the project cost that needs to be arranged by the railways.
  • However, the only work that has been initiated towards the suburban rail network is of augmenting the MEMU maintenance shade at Banaswadi Station.
  • But this too has been caught in a limbo because of the absence of the SPV.
Did you find apk for android? You can find new Free Android Games and apps.

Leave a Reply

Be the First to Comment!

Notify of
avatar