Date : 14 June, 2017
MUMBAI: The Maharashtra Cabinet approved draft MoUs for the Nagpur Metro rail as well as for the phase 1 of the Pune metro rail projects yesterday.
About the Draft MoU:
- A statement issued by the Chief Minister’s Office stated that the MOUs were signed considering the increasing population of both cities.
- The state government, in a decision taken in January 2014, had approved the Nagpur metro, after which a tripartite agreement was signed.
- The government had on December 23, 2016 approved construction of the Pune metro rail, followed by signing of a tripartite agreement.
- Both the agreements were approved during the meeting of the state Cabinet here today.
- The signatories to the agreements are the Centre, the Maharashtra government and respective metros.