Date : 14 June, 2017
MUMBAI: The Maharashtra Cabinet approved draft MoUs for the Nagpur Metro rail as well as for the phase 1 of the Pune metro rail projects yesterday.
About the Draft MoU:
- A statement issued by the Chief Minister’s Office stated that the MOUs were signed considering the increasing population of both cities.
- The state government, in a decision taken in January 2014, had approved the Nagpur metro, after which a tripartite agreement was signed.
- The government had on December 23, 2016 approved construction of the Pune metro rail, followed by signing of a tripartite agreement.
- Both the agreements were approved during the meeting of the state Cabinet here today.
- The signatories to the agreements are the Centre, the Maharashtra government and respective metros.
People Also Viewed :
- 11 January, 2018 Pune Metro Update: Chief Minister Devendra Fadnavis Urges Centre To Approve 3rd Metro Line Between Hinjewadi-Shivajinagar
- 25 August, 2017 Finally, Lucknow Metro Expected to Start Operations Between Sep. 21 – 29 ( This Navratri ) , Check More in Detail
- 15 September, 2017 Pune Metro Update : Maha-Metro To Extend Vanaz-Ramwadi Metro section For Another 7 kms Up To Wagholi
- 2 November, 2017 Nagpur Metro Update: DPR (Detailed Project report) Of Second Phase Of Nagpur Metro To Be Completed Soon
- 15 March, 2018 Kochi Metro Update: Work On Second Phase Of Kochi Metro Extension To Begin After Centre’s Nod
- 30 November, 2017 UP Metro Rail Corporation to come up in December to oversee all the metro rail projects in the state
- 3 January, 2018 Uttar Pradesh Metro Rail Corporation To Be Set Up For Implementing Metro Projects In The State
- 2 January, 2018 Noida Metro Rail Corporation, UP Govt & MoHUA To Sign MoU For 30km Noida-Greater Metro Project Soon
- 28 August, 2017 LMRC Planning To Begin Construction Of Kanpur Metro By Early Next Year
- 29 January, 2018 Patna Metro Update: Revised Detailed Project Report For Metro Rail Project In Patna To Be Completed By April