Date of Post: 23 Feb, 2019
The board has prepared DPR (Detailed Project Report) of the extension of Metro rail from Greater Noida to upcoming International Airport at Jewar, which is just left for the approval in the upcoming board meeting of YEIDA (Yamuna Expressway Industrial Development Authority).
- The newly built metro track will connect Pari Chowk in Greater Noida to Airport terminal in Jewar.
- The track will have a total of 25 stations out of which 8 stations will fall under the Greater Noida Authority, while the 17 will fall under the Yamuna Expressway authority.
- The project cost is estimated to be Rs 5708 crore, said YEIDA officials.
- It will cover a stretch of around 35.64 km from Pari Chowk in Greater Noida.
- A senior YEIDA official said,”DMRC (Delhi Metro Rail Corporation) has prepared the DPR for the project. Soon, we will present it in the board meeting. Once the project gets approved, the DPR will be sent to the UPMRC (Uttar Pradesh Metro Rail Corporation) to explore the possibility of funding the metro project.
- The official said, we will make sure that the construction work on the metro corridor will be started with the same pace as was carried out on the Noida-Greater Noida (Aqua line) Metro corridor.
- Most of the stations on the Metro corridor will be elevated, while couple of stations in the vicinity of airport will be underground, as per the sources.
- T he metro track will be about 2.7 km at Jewar Airport area.
- The operations at Jewar airport are expected to be started by 2022-23, while the work at metro corridor will start from 2020 and is expected to open to commuters by 2025
To know more about recent developments of Noida Metro –
28 Jan, 2019: Noida-Greater Noida Metro ‘Aqua Line’ open for public
( Please reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information. )