Date Of Post: 19 Jan, 2018
Kanpur: The Detailed Project Report (DPR) for the Agra, Kanpur and Meerut metro rail route is approved by the state cabinet on January 17th (Wednesday).
The Government of Uttar Pradesh has decided to start the metro services in the three cities of Uttar Pradesh by 2024.
More Information :
- The total cost of the three projects is estimated to be Rs 43,800 Crore.
- The entire project will be completed by 2024.
- The decision to start the metro services in the three cities was announced after the government of UP gave its approval for setting up the Uttar Pradesh Metro Rail Corporation.
About The Metro Rail Projects in Agra, Kanpur and Meerut :
- In Agra, the two metro corridors would cost around Rs 13,000 Crore.
- In Kanpur, the Project will have 2 corridors having 31 stations. It will be 30 km long costing over Rs 17,000 Crore.
- In Meerut, there will be one corridor having 33 kms long costing over Rs 13,800 Crores.
Image Credit: Wikiboy2364 – Wikimedia Commons
People Also Viewed :
- 6 September, 2018 State Government Sends DPR for Starting Metro Rail in Kanpur, Agra and Meerut to Centre
- 3 January, 2018 Uttar Pradesh Metro Rail Corporation To Be Set Up For Implementing Metro Projects In The State
- 9 September, 2017 State Government In Process To Set Up Uttar Pradesh Metro Rail Corporation Instead Of Setting Metro Corporation For Particular Cities
- 29 September, 2017 Ghaziabad Metro Update: State Government Directed GDA To Go Ahead With Revised Funding Pattern Of Metro Rail Project
- 20 September, 2017 Uttar Pradesh Government Makes The Draft Blueprint Ready For UP Metro Rail Corporation
- 21 September, 2017 Ghaziabad Metro Update: Uttar Pradesh Cabinet Approves Revised Detailed Project Report (DPR) & Funding Pattern For Metro Project In Ghaziabad
- 1 February, 2018 IL&FS and Adani Group Shown Interest For Investing In The Metro Rail Projects In Agra, Kanpur & Meerut
- 30 November, 2017 UP Metro Rail Corporation to come up in December to oversee all the metro rail projects in the state
- 22 December, 2018 NMRC gets approval to launch commercial operations of Aqua Line
- 8 April, 2017 Ghaziabad Development Authority to give presentation on city’s 9.41 km metro rail project