Date Of Post: 19 Jan, 2018
Kanpur: The Detailed Project Report (DPR) for the Agra, Kanpur and Meerut metro rail route is approved by the state cabinet on January 17th (Wednesday).
The Government of Uttar Pradesh has decided to start the metro services in the three cities of Uttar Pradesh by 2024.
More Information :
- The total cost of the three projects is estimated to be Rs 43,800 Crore.
- The entire project will be completed by 2024.
- The decision to start the metro services in the three cities was announced after the government of UP gave its approval for setting up the Uttar Pradesh Metro Rail Corporation.
About The Metro Rail Projects in Agra, Kanpur and Meerut :
- In Agra, the two metro corridors would cost around Rs 13,000 Crore.
- In Kanpur, the Project will have 2 corridors having 31 stations. It will be 30 km long costing over Rs 17,000 Crore.
- In Meerut, there will be one corridor having 33 kms long costing over Rs 13,800 Crores.
Image Credit: Wikiboy2364 – Wikimedia Commons