Date Of Post: 12 Dec, 2017
Indian Railways is all set to roll out the new double decker train Uday Express in 2018.
The Trains Will Run On Three Routes
- Coimbatore to Bengaluru
- Bandra to Jamnagar
- Visakhapatnam to Vijayawada
Announced in Rail Budget 2016-17 : Uday Express or the Utkrisht Double-Decker Air- conditioned Yatri Express was announced in the Railway Budget 2016-2017.
More To Know :
- The first trial run of the train was conducted on August 10 with three coaches
- The speed was limited to just 80km per hour in the first trial.
- The second trial took place on December 5 on the Coimbatore-Bangalore route at a speed of 100 kmph from covering a distance of around 235 km.
- After launch, Uday will join the fleet of 9 other double decker trains in the railways.
Amenities In Trains:
- The trains are a improved variant of the normal AC double decker chair car coaches
- It also have vinyl wrapping on exterior coaches, LCD type passenger information system on each deck, dining space on middle deck area with provision of automatic food vending machine and large LCD screen for infotainment on every third coach.
- The train will have two bathrooms with bio-toilets.
- “These trains will have 40 per cent additional passenger capacity and will be plying on busy routes. So, it’s a great addition to our fleet,” an official said.
First Uday Express
- The first Uday Express is likely to be operational on the Coimbatore-Bangalore route.
- Officials said that it will depart at 5:40 am from Coimbatore to reach Bangalore at 12:40 pm, taking a total time of seven hours.
- And for the return journey the Bengaluru- Coimbatore Uday Express will depart at 2:15 pm from Bengaluru and will reach Coimbatore at 9:00 pm.
Image Credit : Sayowais – Wikimedia Commons