Date of Post: 02 June, 2018
Coimbatore: The double-decker Uday express from Coimbatore to Bengaluru would be flagged off on June 10 by union minister of state for railways Rajen Gohain, Salem divisional railway manager U Subbaro Rao said. The minister would also dedicate a passenger lift for platforms 3 & 4 at the junction, he said.
- Both the lift & UDAY express were ready for for the inaugural, the official, who was here for an inspection, said.
- Southern Railway has decided to introduce a weekly trip by the heritage Nilgiris mountain rail on Fridays & Saturdays, a press release said.
- The train would take tourists from Udhagamandalam, formerly Ooty, to the town of Ketti and back.
- The release said, the service is in addition to the trip between Mettupalayam & Coonoor during weekends.
- It said,”The additional special train would be run on a trial till the first week of July and if the patronage is encouraging, we will run it throughout the year.”
Deepak Kumar is a part of the content team of Rail Analysis India as a writer and analyst .
His focus is on new initiatives on the Railway Sector of India .
Please reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information .