Bhopal: DMRC (Delhi Metro Railways Corporation) and MPPMCL (Madhya Pradesh Power Management Company Limited) will sign a power purchase agreements with RUMSL (Rewa Ultra Mega Solar Limited), the implementing agency for the “world’s largest single-site solar project”, today . The 750 MW solar park that will produce cheapest solar power has recently completed its first phase.
- Signing of power purchase agreement between the developers, MPPMCL, DMRC, RUMSL, NRED (New and Renewable Energy Department) & PGCIL (Power Grid Corporation of India Limited), will mark the commercial closure of the first phase of the development of the project.
- “These agreements will be signed in Bhopal on April 17 in the presence of chief minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan, Union minister of urban development M Venkaiah Naidu, Union minister of power Piyush Goyal,” principal secretary, new and renewable energy & managing director of Madhya Pradesh Urja Vikas Nigam, Manu Shrivastav said.
- The 750 MW Rewa Ultra Mega Solar Project had achieved historic results with a record low first year tariff of Rs 2.97 per unit of electricity and a levelised tariff of Rs 3.30 over the term of 25 years, in the enthusiastic online auction, which lasted 33 hours & was completed on February 10, he further informed.
- The park is being developed by RUMSL, a joint venture of Solar Energy Corporation of India and Madhya Pradesh Urja Vikas Nigam (MPUVN).
- The 750-MW park being developed in three segments of 250 MW each is spread over 1,500 hectares of land in Gurh tehsil of Rewa and is to cover 5 villages of Barseta.
- Once completed, it will generate clean energy, overtaking 648 MW solar power plant at Kamathi in Tamil Nadu, the largest plant in the country so far.
- The power generated from the park will suffice the 90% daytime requirement of the Delhi Metro & the remaining power will be purchased by the Madhya Pradesh government.