New Delhi: Delhi Metro Rail (DMRC) is set to throw open the stretch between Botanical Garden-Kalkaji Mandir for public use by June this year. After the opening of the stretch, Botanical Garden metro station will become the first and only interchange station in the National Capital Region, outside Delhi.
- The Botanical Garden metro station will provide interchange between the presently operational Line 3 (Noida City Centre – Dwarka Sector 21) and the upcoming Janakpuri West to Botanical Garden corridor.
- Also, this station will help in connecting Noida with important locations of south Delhi like Nehru Place, Kalkaji & Hauz Khas.
- The Indira Gandhi International (IGI) airport will also get direct connectivity to the Janakpuri West–Botanical Garden line, once it is fully operational.
- A spokesperson of Delhi Metro Rail Corporation (DMRC) said,“The projected interchange load at Botanical Garden station, as per the Detailed Project Report ,will be around 97,780. currently, nearly 14,000 passengers use the station every day. The station has a total parking area of about 1,420 sq metres, with a capacity to hold about 400 vehicles.”
- With the new interchange station, travelling time between Noida-Gurgaon will come down by anything between 30-50 minutes, with interchange facility at Hauz Khas, the spokesperson said.
- At Present, a journey from HUDA City Centre in Gurgaon to Botanical Garden in Noida takes about 90 minutes, requiring an interchange at Rajiv Chowk Metro station.
- Also Noida will get connected directly with the domestic terminals of the IGI Airport for the first time after the completion of the line.
- The journey from the Botanical Garden station to the domestic terminal will take about 40 minutes.
- The new Metro station building at Botanical Garden will be connected with the existing station with the help of a pathway that is 20 meters wide and 100 meters long.
- A DMRC official said, there will be platform to platform and concourse to concourse connectivity.
- The DMRC spokesperson said,“To save time of passengers, we have provided them platform to platform connectivity. Passengers coming from Noida city centre can get down at Botanical garden and walk straight and take a train towards Kalkaji. They won’t have to get down and take any stairs.”
- He added, the construction work of the new Metro station building is in its final stage.
To Find Rail Analysis on Facebook For latest opportunities, news, events and much more
Send your comments, suggestions and tips to email@example.com