Date of Post : 03 July, 2017
NEW DELHI: Commuters of Delhi Metro can now use QR codes to recharge their smart cards or buy tokens. The codes are displayed at token counters & customer care centres of designated Metro stations.
The facility using Bharat Quick Response Code was launched at Rajiv Chowk Metro station on Sunday by DMRC, MD, Mangu Singh.
- At present, the facility will be available at Rajiv Chowk, Rajendra Place, Seelampur, Pitampura & Nehru Place metro stations.
- It will be introduced at all stations in a phased manner.
- All bank wallet & savings account holders can make payments using Bharat QR by logging into their bank app & scanning the QR code available at stations.
People Also Viewed :
- 26 July, 2017 Delhi Metro Users May Soon Recharge Their Smart Cards Through SMS
- 21 April, 2018 DMRC Plans To Replace ‘Manual Token Counters’ With ‘Token Vending Machines’ (TVMs) At All Metro Stations
- 14 September, 2018 QR-Code Based Mobile Ticketing Facility To Start on Airport Line From This Sunday
- 19 September, 2017 Delhi Metro To Install Ticket Vending Machines At Stations In Place Of Ticket Counters
- 9 January, 2018 The Chief Minister of Delhi Launches Common Mobility Card For Metro & Buses
- 4 January, 2018 Delhi Metro cards To Be Valid In 250 Buses (200 DTC Buses & 50 Cluster Buses) From Monday
- 14 August, 2017 Proposal floated to purchase chips for Electronic Ticketing Machines
- 23 August, 2018 Delhi Metro Smart cards can now be used by passengers for travelling in buses
- 20 February, 2018 Delhi Metro Rail Integrates Common Mobility Card In Its Feeder Buses
- 26 September, 2018 LMRC & HDFC Bank Tie Up For Cashless Transaction; Launch Digital Payment Solution For Automatic Token Vending Machine & Recharge Card Terminal Machine At Metro Stations