New Delhi: The Delhi Metro Rail Corporation (DMRC) has started the process of installing new age signages at its metro rail stations for the greater convenience of the commuters. As an initial step, such new signages have been installed at the Barakhamba Road & Pragati Maidan Metro rail stations.
- The new signages installed are made up of aluminium extrusion with vinyl.
- LED based backlit lighting will be used for the illuminated signages.
- The light will be equally distributed among the letters and there will be no dark spots or light leaks.
- These 2 stations were taken up since Delhi Metro wanted to take one underground & one elevated station for the project initially.
- Letters displaying the names of the metro stations are highlighted, in the new signages and there are highlighted arrows which inform the passenger about the direction in which the train is going to go.
- In addition, the background is opaque due to which the information shared on the panel gets further highlighted.
- These signages require very less maintenance and are more durable in nature.
- Also, these are better equipped to handle issues such as vandalism, tearing, writing on the body of the signage etc.
- The new signages are also aesthetically designed which will contribute towards improving the overall look of the Metro stations.
- The retro-reflective signages will use ACP (Aluminium Composite Panel) material.
- Initially, 2 stations have been provided with such signages & process is on to install such signages in Ten more Metro stations of the network.
To Find Rail Analysis on Facebook For latest opportunities, news, events and much more
Send your comments, suggestions and tips to firstname.lastname@example.org