Date of Post: 14 Dec, 2017
NEW Delhi: Delhi Metro Rail Corporation (DMRC) has floated tenders to procure 36 coaches for Airport Express line. The trains would be standard gauge with a top speed of 132 kmph. DMRC had invited open e-tenders from agencies on international competitive bidding basis for design, manufacture, supply, testing, commissioning and training of 36 standard gauge cars for Airport Metro Express project.
- Anuj Dayal, executive director (corporate communication), DMRC said,”The Airport Express Line will be extended to the ECC, which is being planned in Dwarka Sector 25. The extension is 1.7 km from Dwarka Sector 21 station.”
- Dayal said,”An underground station is planned inside the ECC complex with its connectivity to the convention centre through subways. The detailed project report for the proposed extension has been approved by the government.”
Airport Line To Be Extended
- Work on extending the Airport Express Line to Dwarka Sector 25 is set to start soon and will cost around Rs 310 crore.
- Currently, the high-speed Airport Express Line connects New Delhi station to Dwarka Sector 21 station, with four stations in between — Shivaji Stadium, Dhaula Kuan, Delhi Aerocity and IGI Airport (Terminal 3).
- The underground ECC station will be connected to the line through a tunnel.
- DMRC expects to complete the project within 2-and-a-half-years once construction begins.
Image Credit: Delhi Metro Rail