Date of Post : 21 Aug, 2017
New Delhi: The DMRC (Delhi Metro Rail Corporation) has commissioned a new facility at Rohini for recycling of construction & demolition waste generated by its construction works. The plant inaugurated by DMRC, MD, Mangu Singh.
The plant can also be used by other agencies for recycling their construction related waste.
Construction waste generated by it are generally dumped at pre-designated sites identified & approved by the government, DMRC said in a statement.
- The statement said,”To utilise this waste, this new facility has been constructed. This is one of the many initiatives taken by the DMRC for environment conservation.”
- The waste transported from DMRC locations will be recycled into products like- aggregates, manufactured sand, concrete bricks, tiles, paver blocks, kerbstones and among others.
- It said, the use of recycled aggregate reduces the consumption of fresh stones & sand, thus conserving natural resources & helping reduce sand mining.
- The DMRC said,”The wet technology adopted at the plant will help in minimising process residues as well as dust and noise pollution. The C&D waste will be processed to recover and recycle about 95 per cent of incoming C&D waste.”
- The project will also help save scarce urban land in addition to processing waste, the statement said.