Date of Post: 10 Aug, 2018
Two Public Sector Undertakings, namely IRCON International Limited and RITES Limited, have signed agreement with Government of Sri Lanka for development of railway facilities.
IRCON International Limited has signed agreement in following areas:
(i) Rehabilitation of Colombo-Matara Coastal Railway line on 06.03.2009;
(ii) Restoration of Medawachchiya–Madhu Road Railway line in Northern province of Sri Lanka on 17.08.2010;
(iii) Restoration of Madhu Road–Talai Mannar Pier Railway line in Northern province of Sri Lanka on 09.06.2010;
(iv) Restoration of Omanthai–Pallai Railway line in Northern province of Sri Lanka on 10.01.2010;
(v) Restoration of Pallai–KKS Railway line in Northern province of Sri Lanka on 26.06.2012;
(vi) Installation of signalling and telecommunication system in Railway line in Northern province of Sri Lanka on 17.08.2012.
RITES Limited has signed agreement with Government of Sri Lanka for supply of rolling stock, manufactured by Indian Railways, including six sets of Diesel Multiple Units (DMU) with air conditioned compartments (2 AC compartments per DMU) comprising of seventy eight coaches and ten numbers Diesel Electric Locomotives with AC-AC traction system.
This information was given by the Minister of State of Railways, Shri Rajen Gohain in a written reply to a question in Lok Sabha.
To know more about recent developments of Railways-
03 Aug, 2018: 9,277 crore allocated for the periodic overhauling/servicing of railway coaches in Budget Estimates 2018-19: Rajen Gohain
03 Aug, 2018: GPT Infraprojects Bags Order Worth Rs 362.16 Crore From Rail Vikas Nigam Limited
02 Aug, 2018: Indian Railways Exporting 6 DEMU Train Sets to Sri Lanka: Rajen Gohain
People Also Viewed :
- 2 August, 2018 Indian Railways Exporting 6 DEMU Train Sets to Sri Lanka: Rajen Gohain
- 3 March, 2018 “First time in world” Indian Railways Creates History By Converting “Diesel Locomotive Into Electric Locomotive”
- 16 September, 2017 JICA Signs Agreement With Government of India To provide Loan of Rs 6,000 crore To Procure 200 Electric Locomotives For Western DFC Project
- 20 March, 2018 India Hands Over 18 Diesel-Electric Locomotive To Myanmar Railways, Completing First Project Under Current Indian Line of Credit
- 25 July, 2018 Indian Railways Installing Flexible Solar Panels in Its Passenger Trains
- 20 March, 2018 Rail Coach Factory (RCF), Kapurthala All Set To Roll Out Second Rake Of 19 Coaches Of Tejas Express By April 20
- 22 May, 2018 Rail Coach Factory All Set To Roll Out Coaches Of Delhi-Chandigarh Tejas Express Soon
- 13 August, 2018 Update : Complete Mechanisation of Electrification Programme in Indian Railways
- 28 December, 2017 Jaipur-Agra Shatabdi Express Coaches To Get New Features Under Indian Railways Project ‘Swarna’
- 18 December, 2017 Indian Railways Clears Rs 12,000 Crore Proposal To Equip Electric Locomotives With Latest European Train Protection System