Date Of Post: 02 Feb, 2018
Noida: On Thursday, the DMRC (Delhi Metro Rail Corporation) submitted a draft of the DPRs (Detailed Project Reports) for two proposed Metro extensions in Ghaziabad — Noida’s Sector 62 to Sahibabad & Vaishali to Mohan Nagar. The estimated cost of the two extensions are Rs 3,711 crore.
About The Two Corridors:
Sector 62 to Sahibabad-
- The proposed extension from Sector 62 to Sahibabad spans 5.11km on an elevated section.
- It will have four stations in Ghaziabad — Vaibhav Khand, Indirapuram, Shakti Khand & Sector 5 of Vasundhara.
- The extension is estimated to cost Rs 1,926 crore.
- This will largely cater to commuters moving from Ghaziabad city, Rajendra Nagar, Sahibabad, Vasundhara & Indirapuram towards Noida.
Vaishali to Mohan Nagar-
- The 2nd extension is proposed on a 5.06km elevated corridor from Vaishali to Mohan Nagar.
- The extension will have 4 proposed stations at Prahlad Garhi, Sector 14 of Vasundhara, Sahibabad & Mohan Nagar.
- It is expected to cost Rs 1,785 crore.
- This route will be an extension of the Anand Vihar to Vaishali route, which is already operational.
- Ritu Maheshwari, vice-chairperson, GDA (Ghaziabad Development Authority), said,“We will be sending the DPRs to the state government for final clearance and also to decide about the funding for the two extensions. A detailed meeting among various stakeholders will also be called soon for a presentation on the DPR submitted to us.”
- A major feature common to both the extensions is that the Sector 62 to Sahibabad link will merge with the proposed extension of Vaishali to Mohan Nagar, at Sahibabad, on the Link Road.
- After the merger, the network will proceed on a single line to Mohan Nagar.
- The Mohan Nagar Metro station is a major station, which is already coming up as a part of the 9.41km metro route that extends from Dilshad Garden to New Bus Stand in Ghaziabad.
- With the 2 proposed extensions merging at Mohan Nagar under the 9.41km Metro route, the Mohan Nagar Metro station will become a major interchange hub for Metro commuters who wish to proceed on different Metro routes towards Noida, Indirapuram, Rajiv Chowk or to Rithala, via Dilshad Garden.
Image Credit: J Kumar Infraprojects Ltd.