Kanpur: Deputy chief minister Keshav Prasad Maurya will inaugurate the Govindpuri rail overbridge (RoB) on May 9, said Mahesh Trivedi, MLA of BJP from Kidwai Nagar constituency here on Saturday.
- The construction of the bridge began on March 31, 2013.
- He however added that the bridge, which connects the south & north ends of the industrial city, would prove to be very beneficial for lakhs of people residing in south city.
- Pachauri said,”The 746-metre long bridge has been constructed by Setu Nirman Nigam and Indian railways at a cost of Rs 43 crore (approx US$ 6.7 Million).”
- He had requested CM Yogi Adityanath to make South Kanpur a separate district, and has also demanded construction of a 500-bedded hospital with a separate cardiology department, he said.
People Also Viewed :
- 19 July, 2017 Government Identified 10 Rail over Bridges For Construction In Rajasthan
- 22 August, 2017 Cochin Port Trust Ready To Provide Land Required For ‘Railway over Bridge’ at Vathuruthy
- 7 October, 2017 Guntur Municipal Corporation Plans To Construct 3 Rail-under & 2 Road-over-Bridges At Railway Crossing Gates & Lanes at various locations
- 25 April, 2017 RVNL finalised 3 International consultants to ready the preliminary design of the new span at Pamban Bridge
- 28 June, 2017 Madurai Railway Junction To Soon Have Second Foot overbridge
- 5 May, 2017 World’s Highest Rail Bridge Over Chenab River in J&K to be Completed in 2 Years, Here are some amazing facts about it
- 11 August, 2017 Ministry of Railways Approved Three Project of Doubling and Flyover
- 6 October, 2017 Mumbai Rail Vikas Corporation Identified 32 Locations Across Mumbai To Construct New Foot-over Bridges & Subways
- 27 January, 2018 India’s Longest Rail-cum-road Bogibeel Bridge To Be Inaugurated In June
- 16 November, 2017 Last Span Of India’s Longest Rail-cum-Road ‘Bogibeel Bridge’ Launched