Date of Post: 06 Sep, 2018
New Delhi: The Delhi Metro Rail Corporation (DMRC) will soon extend its Red Line from Dilshad Garden to New Bus Stand in Ghaziabad, Uttar Pradesh.
The extension of the oldest line of Delhi Metro is set to start by the second week of October 2018. DMRC will conduct the trial runs on this section for 15 days to check technical issues and other safety issues.
This entirely elevated section will comprise of 08 stations-
- Shahid Nagar
- Raj Bagh
- Rajendra Nagar
- Shyam Park
- Mohan Nagar
- Hindon River Station
- New Bus Stand
- This would be the 2nd Metro Line in Ghaziabad after Vaishali and the first metro link connecting the interiors of Ghaziabad.
- This corridor will pass through the Sahibabad Industrial Area and will significantly impact the residential areas lying in proximity.
- The metro line will connect residents of Ghaziabad City with various parts of Delhi / NCR.
- At present, commuters have to rely on last mile connectivity from Dilshad Garden to reach Sahibabad.
- Connectivity to Mohan Nagar from Dilshad Garden would also improve considerably.
- The 25.09 kms long Red Line Currently operates between Rithala to Dilshad Garden.
- After opening of this 9.41 kms long section, the entire Red Line will become 34.50 kms in length.
To know more about recent developments of Delhi Metro-
Image Credit: DMRC
Narinder Sharma is a part of the content team of Rail Analysis India as a writer and marketing executive.
His interest is in the Railways , Metro and Transportation Sector of India .
Please reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information .