New Delhi: Delhi Metro’s Heritage line, is finally getting ready for a safety audit. The audit is scheduled for May 22-23, sources said. It is undertaken by the metro rail safety commissioner & after his approval, the line can be started.
- A senior government official said,”The dates have been given. If the commissioner’s inspection takes place as scheduled and approval is given, operations can be started immediately.”
- Officials want the launch to be around May 26 — when the central government completes 3 years in power, sources said.
- The ITO – Kashmere Gate section is the last one on the Central Secretariat-Kashmere Gate corridor, also called the Heritage line.
- The Red line (Rithala to Dilshad Garden) and the Yellow line (HUDA City Centre to Samaypur Badli) already intersect at Kashmere Gate.
- Once completed, the Heritage line will be 3 corridors available at the station for interchange.
- Senior Delhi Metro official said,”This underground section has four stations — Delhi Gate, Jama Masjid, Lal Quila and Kashmere Gate.”
- Trials on the section between ITO – Kashmere Gate, which is 5.17 kilometers, started on August 10, 2016.
- The Heritage line will be an extension of the Escorts Mujesar to ITO corridor.