Date of Post : 28 June, 2017
New Delhi: Delhi Metro Ist driverless trains are set to start operations from October. Commuters will be able to travel in Delhi Metro first ‘driverless’ trains on the Magenta Line from Janakpuri West to Botanical Garden. The Magenta Line, would be partially thrown open to public in October.
- The Delhi Metro Rail Corporation (DMRC) said, test run of automated driverless trains is currently on this section.
- A DMRC spokesperson said, trial runs on 2 sections of the corridor of phase-3, between Kalkaji & Botanical Garden (13 km) and Janakpuri West to Terminal 1 – IGI Airport Metro station (10 km) are in progress.
- The spokesperson said,“Both sections will be offered for safety inspection to CMRS (Commissioner of Metro Railway Safety) after successful signalling trials. The sections will be opened for public after all the clearances.”
- The spokesperson said,“This line is planned to be opened in stages between October 2017 and March 2018.”
- DMRC plans to complete the phase-3 expansion of its network by March 2018 with the commissioning of its two Corridors – the Magenta Line & the Pink Line (Majlis Park – Shiv Vihar).