Date of Post : 26 July, 2017
New Delhi: Good news for the Delhi Metro users, they will soon be able to recharge their travel smart cards through SMS or mobile application BHIM (Bharat Interface for Money).
More To Know:
- Currently only ICICI Bank account holders have the facility of recharging their travel smart cards through SMS.
- The corporation is soon going to float tenders to finalise an aggregator, a DMRC spokesperson said.
Procedure For Recharging The Smart Cards:
- Commuters will have to submit a mandate form with account details to use the SMS facility.
- The commuter can then send SMS to a designated number.
- The bank or aggregator will debit the bank account, and send a confirmatory message to the commuter and DMRC.
- Then, the commuter can visit any Metro station, show the smart card at an Add Value Machine (AVM) and complete the add value process.