Date of Post : 26 July, 2017
New Delhi: Good news for the Delhi Metro users, they will soon be able to recharge their travel smart cards through SMS or mobile application BHIM (Bharat Interface for Money).
More To Know:
- Currently only ICICI Bank account holders have the facility of recharging their travel smart cards through SMS.
- The corporation is soon going to float tenders to finalise an aggregator, a DMRC spokesperson said.
Procedure For Recharging The Smart Cards:
- Commuters will have to submit a mandate form with account details to use the SMS facility.
- The commuter can then send SMS to a designated number.
- The bank or aggregator will debit the bank account, and send a confirmatory message to the commuter and DMRC.
- Then, the commuter can visit any Metro station, show the smart card at an Add Value Machine (AVM) and complete the add value process.
People Also Viewed :
- 3 July, 2017 DMRC Launches QR Code To Recharge Smart Cards or Buy Tokens
- 14 August, 2017 Proposal floated to purchase chips for Electronic Ticketing Machines
- 20 February, 2018 Delhi Metro Rail Integrates Common Mobility Card In Its Feeder Buses
- 9 January, 2018 The Chief Minister of Delhi Launches Common Mobility Card For Metro & Buses
- 4 January, 2018 Delhi Metro cards To Be Valid In 250 Buses (200 DTC Buses & 50 Cluster Buses) From Monday
- 19 September, 2017 Delhi Metro To Install Ticket Vending Machines At Stations In Place Of Ticket Counters
- 26 December, 2017 LMRC Incentive Scheme For ‘Go Smart Card Users’
- 7 February, 2018 LMRC To Undertake “Special Drive” For Metro Commuters
- 26 August, 2017 DMRC Float Tenders For Provision of Ticket Vending Services at Metro Stations
- 16 January, 2018 LMRC ‘Gosmart’ Card ‘Second Phase’ Winners To Get Free Recharge Tomorrow