Date Of Post: 30 May, 2018
New Delhi: The span of the metro network in the Delhi-NCR would touch nearly 380 km by December. According to the DMRC, 72 kms of network under the Phase-3 network are yet to be opened, excluding the Noida-Greater Noida section. “Including the Noida-Greater Noida section, the span of the metro in the Delhi-NCR would touch nearly 380 km by December,” an official said.
- DMRC is assisting the Noida Metro Rail Corporation (NMRC) in the work on that line.
- With the opening of new Magenta Line corridor, the total operational span of the DMRC network has reached to 277 km with 202 metro stations.
- This section is also the longest stretch to have been opened so far in the DMRC’s Phase-III project.
- After the completion of the Magenta Line (length 37.46 km) the total number of interchange stations has now risen to 19, including Sikanderpur, with Rapid Metro.
- At 29 metres, the 5-level new Hauz Khas station is the deepest metro station in the entire network and an engineering landmark as its tunnel goes beneath that of the existing station on Yellow Line.
Image Credit: J Kumar Infraprojects