Delhi Metro Update : Solar Plant to supply upto 90% of Delhi Metro’s day electricity demand initiates operations

Delhi Metro Update : Solar Plant to supply upto 90% of Delhi Metro’s day electricity demand initiates operations

Want create site? With Free visual composer you can do it easy.

Date of Post: 07 July, 2018

As Metro Projects in India seek to increase their reliance on Solar Power , In a major push to this initiative , 750 MW Rewa Solar Power Project in Madhya Pradesh was initiated on Friday , 6th July .

Further Details :

  1. The project is estimated to meet up to 90 per cent of Delhi Metro’s day electricity demand & shall be focused to supply power to the Delhi Metro along with other beneficiaries .
  2. This was announced Madhya Pradesh Urja Vikas Nigam Ltd (MPUVNL) .
  3. Bid Winners : Mahindra Renewables, ACME Solar Holdings and Solengeri Power are implementing this project .
  4. The plant is spread over 1,590 acres & is being operated by Rewa Ultra Mega Solar Ltd.
  5. The project would lead to avoiding 15.4 lakh tonnes of carbon dioxide generation every year.
  6. The power generated will be divided for State discoms who will get 76 per cent of the power produced and the Delhi Metro Rail Corporation (DMRC) will get the remaining 24 per cent.
  7. This project ( with an investment of over Rs 4,000 crore ) will potentially result in a saving of Rs 1,400 crore to Delhi Metro and Rs 4,600 crore to state discoms over its project life .
  8. The Rewa solar plant is India’s first and till now the only solar project to get funding at a rate of 0.25 per cent for a 40-year period from the Clean Technology Fund available .
  9. It is also the first and the only solar park in India to get a concessional loan from the World Bank .

Image Credit: Delhi Metro

Did you find apk for android? You can find new Free Android Games and apps.

Leave a Reply

Be the First to Comment!

Notify of
avatar