Date Of Post: 23 Apr, 2018
Connecting south Delhi to Noida and west Delhi in one stretch, the remaining portion of Magenta Line (Janakpuri West-Botanical Garden) is expected to be open for public within this month .
A segment of the 37 km line is already in service since December last year. The 12.64 km-long Botanical Garden – Kalkaji Mandir stretch was opened to public on December 25, 2017.
Further Features :
- This Line will also extend to Southwest Delhi’s Palam Colony and Delhi Cantt Area .
- The Delhi Metro Rail Corporation (DMRC) officials said the request for inspections of the line has been sent to the Commissioner of Metro Rail Safety (CMRS) and it is likely that the line will be opened by April-end.
More About Palam Station :
- E-rickshaws, apart from the Metro feeders, have emerged as a crucial link in the last-mile connectivity to and from metro stations in the city. In a first for a Metro station, Palam has parking space for 66 e-rickshaws where around six to seven charging points will be provided.
- The station also has unique art installations.
- The division at the automatic fare collection (AFC) gates will also help control crowd and facilitate faster entry and exit.
- The inauguration of the Palam station will also throw open the slip road going towards the railway line (phatak), which was blocked by the DMRC for construction, allowing a quicker passage by road too.
Image Credit: PTI