Date of Post: 23 June, 2018
New Delhi: Prime Minister Narendra Modi is likely to inaugurate the 11.2 km long Mundka-Bahadurgarh corridor of the Delhi Metro’s Green Line on Sunday, sources said. The Mundka-Bahadurgarh stretch, with 7 stations, would be an extension of the existing Green Line (standard-gauge tracks) from Inderlok to Mundka.
The 7 stations are:
- Mundka Industrial Area
- Tikri Kalan
- Tikri Border
- Modern Industrial Estate
- Bus Stand
- City Park
- A source said,”Prime Minister Narendra Modi will inaugurate the facility using remote control from the PMO on Sunday.”
- Union Urban Affairs Minister Hardeep Puri and Haryana Chief Minister Manohar Lal Khattar will attend the function in Bahadurgarh.
- They said, the services on the new corridor will begin from 4 pm on June 24.
- Already, the CMRS (Commissioner for Metro Rail Safety ) has given approval for starting passenger services.
- After the opening of this corridor, the entire Inderlok-Bahadurgarh section would become 26.33 km long.
- With the opening of this section, the Delhi Metro network will expand to 288 km with 208 stations
- This section will be metro’s 3rd line of connectivity to the neighbouring state of Haryana.
- Metro services are already operational in Gurgaon & Faridabad.
Image Credit: Ashish itct – Wikimedia Commons