Date Of Post: 22 Mar, 2018
New Delhi: The Delhi Metro, on Wednesday, made operational the newly installed platform screen doors (PSDs) at the Chawri Bazar & Chandni Chowk stations on the Yellow Line, officials said. 4 more stations on the line — New Delhi, Central Secretariat, Rajiv Chowk & Kashmere Gate — will get PSDs shortly.
- A senior DMRC official said, the installation & commissioning of PSDs at these stations will be done in a phased manner after examining their performance at the Chandni Chowk & Chawri Bazar stations.
- The DMRC said, this is the first time that the Delhi Metro has installed PSDs at the already existing operational Metro stations.
- At present, the Airport Express Line and and the newly opened stretches of the Magenta & Pink lines have PSDs at all their stations.
- All upcoming stations on these two lines (Pink, Magenta) will have PSDs — mechanised screens which act as barriers between the platform and the tracks.
- PSDs were installed at the 2 stations on the nearly 50 km-long corridor that connects Samaypur Badli in north Delhi to Huda City Centre in Gurgaon.
Image Credit: Delhi Metro