Date Of Post: 31 May, 2018
New Delhi: Nearly 3 lakh people used the Magenta Line on Tuesday, when its remaining stretch from Kalkaji to Janakpuri West was opened to public, increasing from just over 80,000 a day before, the DMRC (Delhi Metro Rail Corporation) said on Wednesday.
The line, which had so far extended between Botanical Garden & Kalkaji Mandir, became fully operational on Monday, giving access to commuters during its course to Blue, Violet, & Yellow Lines.
- According to the data given by DMRC, the “utilisation” of Magenta Line after the extension was 2,87,413 passengers.
- It said, the same figure a day before (Monday) was 81,880.
- A point to be noted while considering the figures is that these numbers are different from ‘ridership’, which is calculated on the basis of any person’s entering the metro station, irrespective of the subsequent change of lines.
- Under the ‘utilisation’ system, used by the DMRC to derive the figures mentioned, if a person enters the system at Blue Line (for example Noida City Centre) and exists it at Yellow Line (Rajiv Chowk) travelling via Magenta Line, then each line will said to have been used separately by one person.
- A DMRC official said,”We calculated the numbers on the basis of line utilisation because our system has spread widely now and has so many interchange stations, so it becomes easier to know how many people are using which line specifically.”
Image Credit: PTI