Date of Post: 29 Aug, 2018
Ghaziabad: Delhi Metro rail services will start operating between Dilshad Garden in Delhi and New Bus Stand in Ghaziabad in the 2nd week of October. This was announced on Tuesday by Ghaziabad Development Authority (GDA) Vice Chairperson and District Magistrate Ritu Maheswari at a press conference.
- The Delhi Metro Rail Corp (DMRC) had conducted the trial run which will continue for 15 more days after which the finishing work on Metro stations will be completed, she said.
- This entirely elevated section will comprise of 08 stations namely; Shahid Nagar, Raj Bagh, Rajendra Nagar, Shyam Park, Mohan Nagar, Arthala, Hindon River Station and New Bus Stand.
- This would be the 2nd Metro Line in Ghaziabad after Vaishali and the first metro link connecting the interiors of Ghaziabad.
- This corridor will pass through the Sahibabad Industrial Area and will significantly impact the residential areas lying in proximity.
- The metro line will connect residents of Ghaziabad City with various parts of Delhi / NCR.
- Currently, commuters have to rely on last mile connectivity from Dilshad Garden to reach Sahibabad.
- Connectivity to Mohan Nagar from Dilshad Garden would also improve considerably.
- Currently the 25.09 kms long Red Line operates between Rithala to Dilshad Garden.
- After opening of this 9.41 kms long section, the entire Red Line will become 34.50 kms in length.
Image Credit: Mohit Revalia
Deepak Kumar is a part of the content team of Rail Analysis India as a writer and analyst .
His focus is on new initiatives on the Railway Sector of India .
Please reach us at email@example.com for more information .