Date of Post: 06 Aug, 2018
New Delhi: Lajpat Nagar Metro-Durgabai Deshmukh South Campus section of the Delhi Metro’s Pink Line will be inaugurated Today. Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal, along with Minister of State (Independent Charge) for Housing and Urban Affairs Hardeep Singh Puri, will grace the event.
- “They will formally open the section at around 11:30 am using a remote control at the Metro Bhawan. Passenger services will begin the same day from 1 pm,” a senior DMRC official said.
- The section has 6 stations, including 2 interchange facilities at INA (with Yellow Line) and Lajpat Nagar (Violet Line).
- This stretch is part of the 59 km-long Majlis Park to Shiv Vihar corridor (Pink Line).
- With the opening of this section, the operational span of the Pink Line from Majlis Park to Lajpat Nagar will become 29.66 km and the entire operational span of the DMRC will reach 296 km with 214 stations.
- The first corridor of the Pink Line, from Majlis Park to South Campus was opened on March 14, connecting north and south campuses of the Delhi University on the DMRC network for the first time.
- In the year 2018 only, Delhi Metro has already opened over 57 kilometres of new lines.
- All the major corridors under Delhi Metro’s Phase 3 are expected to be opened for passengers by the end of the year.
The 6 new stations are-
- Sir Vishveshwaraiah Moti Bagh
- Bhikaji Cama Place
- Sarojini Nagar
- South Extension
- Lajpat Nagar
Cut in travel Time-
- The section will also cut travel time for commuters by up to 20 minutes.
- The current travel time on the network between INA and Lajpat Nagar (Violet Line) stations is around 24 minutes, which would reduce to 5 minutes.
- Commuting time between Hauz Khas and Lajpat Nagar is 23 minutes, which would shrink to 16 minutes.
- The travel time between INA and Rajouri Garden stations would reduce from 40 minutes to 23 minutes.
- Lajpat Nagar-Rajouri Garden stations from 45 to 28 minutes.
- Lajpat Nagar and Netaji Subhash Place (Red Line) from 47 minutes to 39 minutes.
To know more about recent developments of Delhi Metro-
Deepak Kumar is a part of the content team of Rail Analysis India as a writer and analyst .
His focus is on new initiatives on the Railway Sector of India .
Please reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
All Image Credit : DMRC