Date Of Post: 16 Apr, 2018
New Delhi: The DMRC (Delhi Metro Rail Corporation) has decided to extend its Airport Express line to Dwarka Sector 25. At present, the high-speed Airport Express Line connects New Delhi station to Dwarka Sector 21 station, with 4 stations in between — Shivaji Stadium, Dhaula Kuan, Delhi Aerocity and IGI Airport (Terminal 3).
- The Airport Express Line will be extended to the ECC, which is being planned in Dwarka Sector 25.
- The extension is 1.7 km from Dwarka Sector 21 station.
- An underground station is planned inside the ECC complex with its connectivity to the convention centre through subways.
- The detailed project report for the proposed extension has been approved by the government.
- Work on extending the Airport Express Line to Dwarka Sector 25 will cost around Rs 310 crore.
- The underground ECC station will be connected to the line through a tunnel.
- DMRC expects to complete the project within 2-and-a-half-years once construction begins.
Image Credit: Delhi Metro