Date of Post: 26 Dec, 2018
New Delhi: The 9.7-km Lajpat Nagar-Mayur Vihar Pocket 1 corridor of the Delhi Metro’s Pink Line was on Monday inspected for safety, paving way for its opening, officials said. The new segment of the 59-km-long Pink Line, which spans from Majlis Park to Shiv Vihar, is part of the Phase-3 of the DMRC network.
- A senior DMRC official said,”The Commissioner of Metro Railway Safety (CMRS) on Monday inspected the Lajpat Nagar-Mayur Vihar Pocket 1 corridor of the Pink Line. The 9.7-km segment has 5 stations, 3 underground and 2 elevated.”
- The 5 stations are-
- Vinoba Puri
- Hazrat Nizamuddin
- Mayur Vihar Ph-I
- Mayur Vihar Pocket-1
- The official said, Mayur Vihar Ph-I and Mayur Vihar Pocket-1 are elevated stations.
- The DMRC on Monday also inaugurated an exhibition in the upper area of the foyer of Rajiv Chowk station, on completion of 16 years of its operations.
- Former Prime Minister late Atal Bihari Vajpayee had inaugurated the DMRC’s first-ever corridor – an 8.2-km stretch between Tis Hazari and Shahdara stations of the Red Line – on December 24, 2002.
- The 3.2 km long Escorts Mujesar-Raja Nahar Singh (Ballabhgarh) section of the Violet Line was opened to public in November, taking the entire span of the Delhi Metro network to 317 km.
- While the Shahdara-Tis Hazari section had 6 stations, DMRC now boasts of 231 stations, with an average daily ridership of about 28 lakh.
- As part of Phase-IV of the DMRC, a 103 km-long project has been proposed and Delhi Metro will continue to serve people with greater amenities and efficiency, the official said.
- The DMRC had also launched its Twitter account On December 20, which now has over 3,200 followers.
To know more about recent developments of Delhi Metro-
26 Dec, 2018: Delhi Metro Rail Completes 16 Years Of Its Journey
Deepak Kumar is a part of the content team of Rail Analysis India as a writer and analyst .
His focus is on new initiatives on the Railway Sector of India .
Please reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information .