New Delhi: The 9.4 km-long Dilshad Garden-New Bus Adda section of Delhi Metro’s Red Line has got the approval from the Commissioner for Metro Rail Safety (CMRS), paving way for its opening, officials said on Wednesday. The new corridor is likely to be inaugurated soon, sources said.
- The elevated section comprises 8 stations-
– Shahid Nagar
– Raj Bagh
– Rajendra Nagar
– Shyam Park
– Mohan Nagar
– Hindon River Station
– New Bus Adda
- A senior official said,”Commissioner for Metro Rail Safety S K Pathak inspected the Dilshad Garden-New Bus Adda section of metro on February 5 and has granted the approval.”
- The section will immensely benefit the people of Ghaziabad and connect the satellite city with the national capital.
- He said, passenger services on this section will be started soon after meeting all necessary compliances and formalities.
- This section will be an extension of the 25.09-km Rithala-Dilshad Garden corridor or Red Line, which has 21 stations.
- After the opening of this section, the Delhi Metro network will span 336.5 km with 244 metro stations.
- Currently, the Delhi Metro’s operational span is 327 km with 236 stations.
To know more about recent developments of Railways –
( Please reach us at email@example.com for more information. )