Date of Post: 18 Oct, 2017
New Delhi: Giving Diwali gift to its commuters, the Delhi Metro Rail Corporation (DMRC) said, the Botanical Garden Metro Station, is ready for operations.
This metro station, will connect Noida directly with important locations in south Delhi, such as Nehru Place and Kalkaji.
Commuters travelling from Noida to Faridabad will now be able to change trains at the Kalkaji Mandir station & go directly to Faridabad.
- DMRC said in a statement,“Since both Botanical Garden and Kalkaji Mandir stations are inter-change stations, there will be a significant reduction in travelling time between various destinations especially those on the Blue and Violet Lines.”
- Even after the completion of Phase-3 work, the Botanical Garden station will remain the only inter-change station in the NCR, DMRC said.
- It said“This station is going to provide inter-change between Line 3 (Noida City Centre – Dwarka Sector 21) and the Botanical Garden corridor – Kalkaji Mandir (13.5 km-long Magenta Line of Phase 3 (Line 8), which is expected to be commissioned soon.”
- Besides, Delhi Metro has also set up “India’s first-ever elevated stabling yard for metro trains at Jasola Vihar”, it said.
Botanical Garden – Kalkaji Mandir section
- The Botanical Garden – Kalkaji Mandir section has 9 metro stations.
- While Kalkaji Mandir is underground, all other stations are elevated.
- The section will also cater to two major educational institutions – Jamia Milia Islamia University and Amity University, NOIDA and a major super speciality hospital – Fortis Escorts Heart Institute.
The Nine Stations On The Section Are-
- Kalkaji Mandir
- Okhla NSIC
- Sukhdev Vihar
- Jamia Millia Islamia
- Jasola Vihar
- Shaheen Bagh
- Kalindi Kunj
- Okhla Bird Sanctuary
- Botanical Garden