Date of Post: 15 Sep, 2018
Ballabhgarh: Ballabhgarh will soon become the fourth city in Haryana to get Metro connectivity after Gurugram, Faridabad and Bahadurgarh. Last Month, Trial runs were started on the Delhi Metro’s 3.2 kilometre long section from Escorts Mujesar till Ballabhgarh. This extension of Violet Line consists of 2 stations – NCB Colony and Ballabhgarh.
- After the opening of this extension, the entire Kashmere Gate–Ballabhgarh Metro corridor will become 46.6 kilometres long.
- During the trial runs, the interaction of the Metro train with physical infringements (civil structure) will be checked to ensure that there is no physical blockage during the movement of the train on the track.
- The entire signaling system will also undergo rigorous testing.
- In addition, the response of the train at different speeds, braking of the train and the interconnection with the Operations Control Centre (OCC) will also be monitored during the trials.
- The behavior of the track system and the Over Head Electrification (OHE) will be checked repeatedly during all the trials.
- The section is slated for opening in September/October, 2018 subject to the approval by the Commissioner of Metro Rail Safety.
- Currently, 25.8 kms of Metro lines are operational across Haryana.
- After the opening of this section, the total length of Metro kilometres in Haryana will become 29 kilometres.
To know more about recent developments of Delhi Metro –
Deepak Kumar is a part of the content team of Rail Analysis India as a writer and analyst .
His focus is on new initiatives on the Railway Sector of India .
Please reach us at email@example.com for more information .