Date Of Post: 16 Mar, 2018
New Delhi: With the opening of Majlis Park to Durgabai Deshmukh South Campus station of Line-7 (Pink Line), on 14th March, the total number of interchange stations in Delhi Metro network has now increased to 16. The operational span of the network has now expanded to 252 km.
The 5 new interchange stations are-
- Azadpur (Pink Line)
- Netaji Subash Place (Pink Line)
- Rajouri Garden (Pink Line)
- Botanical Garden (Magenta Line)
- Kalkaji Mandir (Magenta Line)
The 11 old interchange stations are-
- Kashmere Gate
- Rajiv Chowk
- Central Secretariat
- Yamuna Bank
- Kirti Nagar
- Dwarka Sec-21
- New Delhi
- Ashok Park Main
- Mandi House
- A senior official said,”This is for the first time that a record five new interchange stations have been added to the network in a period of just a little over two months.”
- While the 21.56 km-long Majlis Park–Durgabai Deshmukh South Campus section of the Pink Line was opened to public on 14th March, the 12.94 km-long Kalkaji Mandir-Botanical Garden corridor of the Magenta Line was opened on December 25.
- The official said, these new sections & interchange stations of metros phase-3 will not only help in addition of new passengers but will also help realign &d econgest some of the existing stations once the entire phase-3 becomes operational.
Image Credit: Delhi Metro